We did not have enough students to play at tonight’s soccer game (Oct. 14), so we will forego the game tonight, and we will try to get as many people as possible to make it to next week’s football game on Oct. 22, the last regular season game before playoffs vs. Gorham.
So the Schedule for the rest of the Football season is as follows:
- Friday Oct. 22, Football vs. Gorham (Pep Band)
- Friday Oct. 29 or Sat. Oct. 30 Quarter-Finals (Full Band)
- Saturday Nov. 6 Semi-Finals (Full Band) (If necessary)
- Saturday Nov. 13, Finals (Full Band) (If necessary)
- Saturday Nov. 20, Finals (Full Band) (If necessary)
As of this point, the Football team is undefeated, so we will be doing the first playoff game. If the game is away, we will take a bus to the event. We will not know if it is Friday or Saturday until after the Oct. 22 game, and i will let you know as soon as I know. If any student has a family conflict on the day of the game, please have a parent contact me by email or phone to let me know, and it will not be deducted from the student’s grade. However, it is important to both the band members and the community members that we are there to support our fellow students, and play as a unit. Playing at games like this helps build unity in the band, and as a community, and if you can do your very best to make sure you or your son/daughter can make it to these important games, it would be most appreciated.
Also in conjunction with these games, it will be important for students to show unification through what they will wear. As you may have heard at Kiwanis, it has always been on the top of my priority list to buy at least Pep Band Shirts for the students to wear at games. We have a few options that we could take with, and I would really like your input on this, but we will need to move fast for ordering.
- Students/Parents could purchase their own shirt, which would run between anywhere between $8.95-$28.95 if we are looking at long sleeve or sweatshirts. (In which case, the shirts would be yours, but each year wie will need to put in a new order for incoming students) Remember, students could use these for more then just Pep Band, as they will be nice shirts for all occasions.
- We could use the money the music Boosters has raised over the past 2 years. Knowing that this will cut into the money that we would use for a trip in the Spring Semester.
- We could borrow the money from the Music Boosters $, and attempt to do some fund raising to pay this back by the end of the Semester.
If we take either option 2 or 3, we would most likely keep the shirts at the school for future years, so the Pep Band could use them. I am looking into 2 options for where to order, and a design:
- First, the Fieldhouse store, used by many teams and organizations at the school.
- Secondly, ImageMarket whom, I have used in the past, and students have been very happy with the results.
I would love your input on both the design, and the option for buying them. So please join the conversation, and add your input at the this Blog.
I would like to order these shirts by early next week at the latest, so that they will be in by our first game.